Caving in New Jersey

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Caving in New Jersey

Postby rchrds » Aug 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Hello northern cavers!

I am currently caving in South Korea, and one of my Korean caving friends is interested in doing some caving while he is in New Jersey, starting about the 17th of September. They do a little vertical here in South Korea, and he is capable of doing beginner level vertical stuff (has no experience with european style SRT, but has solid knots, rigging and climb/descent abilities) but since Korea and America use different types of internet search engines, he doesn't really know who to get ahold of. If anyone in New Jersey/New York has any beginner, to mid level trips setup for the period from 17 Sep to 17 October, or is willing to help out a Korean caver with some one on one or small group trips, this is a great way to learn about caving outside of the US, and he is a very nice guy who speaks quite good english.

Thanks!

Jason Richards
NSS 41539 RLF
rchrds.caver@gmail.com
rchrds
Prolific Poster

Name: Jason Richards
NSS #: 41539
Primary Grotto Affiliation: None at the moment

Re: Caving in New Jersey

Postby Caving Guru » Aug 27, 2016 8:23 am

I would suggest that your friend go to the bi-annual Mid Atlantic Region field meet. The 2016 Fall MAR is going to be held at Woodward Cave Campground in Centre County, Pennsylvania on the weekend of September 23rd to 25th. There will probably be around 10 lead cave trips like there usually are.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum