I have a trip with about 7 people planned for Snail Shell this weekend. The forecast from Weds-Saturday was scattered thunderstorms all day ranging from 40%-60%.
I know that no one can answer for sure, and it will really take me getting up there to see how saturated the ground is and what the forecast calls for in the hours we plan on navigating the system, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with exploring Snail Shell in June, and how badly rain affects the stream... I really want to explore this cave, but I really don't want to be 2000 feet deep when a flash flood hits... Any experience/thoughts?
I spoke to the property manager and he said that he was there just this Tuesday and that conditions resembled those of the cave in August, and that he didn't think the rain would affect the stream.