Cemetery Pit - Need rope back

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Cemetery Pit - Need rope back

Postby cavehunter » Oct 14, 2015 5:53 am

Meet some great people on Fox Mountain during TAG Fall Cave-In on Saturday, October 11. Left a rope at Earl's Ledge (150' PMI rope) in the cave so another team could pull it out and return it. I was staying near Sewanee Mountain Grotto at the Cave-In but communication must have got crossed and the rope was never returned. I just wanted to put out some contact information so that the rope could get back to me. PM me if you know the rope whereabouts.
Cheers,
Scott Hurley
cavehunter
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 62702
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Diving Section

Re: Cemetery Pit - Need rope back

Postby graveleye » Oct 14, 2015 8:30 am

you should also post this on TAGnet. Also, Sewanee Mountain Grotto has a Facebook site that you could try too.
Hope you get your rope back.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Oct 14, 2015 10:30 am

cavehunter wrote:Meet some great people on Fox Mountain during TAG Fall Cave-In on Saturday, October 11. Left a rope at Earl's Ledge (150' PMI rope) in the cave so another team could pull it out and return it. I was staying near Sewanee Mountain Grotto at the Cave-In but communication must have got crossed and the rope was never returned. I just wanted to put out some contact information so that the rope could get back to me. PM me if you know the rope whereabouts.
Cheers,
Scott Hurley

I remember a group of guys coming over to our (Sewanee Mountain Grotto) camping area and asking for a guy named Scott.... Problem is, none of us know who you are so we told them we had no idea who you were.

If you are on Facebook, you might want to try posting in the Caver's Lost & Found page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1443358729285372/
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby DStud » Oct 14, 2015 2:11 pm

I believe a member of the FSS has your rope, she contacted River City Grotto to see if it was any of ours. Search for River City Grotto on Facebook and it should be on of the first posts. If your not on fb send me your number and I'll get you in touch with them
DStud
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 62534
Primary Grotto Affiliation: River City Grotto

Postby Billy » Oct 15, 2015 5:42 am

I was one of the people in Cemetery. Trust me, we spent a LOT of time walking the site asking any body under the sun where you guys were - (do you know where Hector and Scott are? You from Florida?"). Became very acquainted with the lay of the land there with FSS, Sewanee, and Huntsville! Met a lot of Florida people, just not you! Sunday we finally gave it (and webbing and biner) to a woman from FSS who knew you and could get it back to you. I am not sure of her name. But you will be getting it back.
Billy
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 53221
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Near Normal

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Oct 15, 2015 10:10 am

Posted on facebook today:

Got a rope for Scott, I believe. It was handed to Mike and I on our way off the TAG site. Call me- we will figure out how to get it back to you. 352-497-4892 it's a business phone please leave a msg or I'm not likely to call u back.
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby cavehunter » Oct 22, 2015 6:05 am

i just wanted to put a big thank you out to great group of cavers. Thank you for all coordination in getting this rope back.
Cheers,
Cavehunter
cavehunter
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 62702
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Diving Section

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum