Nash Waterfall Cave/Pit (GA)

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Nash Waterfall Cave/Pit (GA)

Postby msm0711 » May 17, 2015 3:09 pm

About a year ago I was wandering and ran across Nash Waterfall, and despite a number of days spent nose deep in local history books and hours spent scouring the net, I still have nights when my questions about the cave/s keep me awake. Anyone know any specific lore to this cave? I'm specifically curious about: 1) The stone road that leads from the pit up into the pass; 2) the pipe that runs up the creek bed, into the pit and down through the second drop, 3) the series of bolts that is falling apart across from the newer bolts for the second drop, 4) the old latch and bolts on the crumble through the crawl space after the second drop, before the third, and 5) the unmapped stream crawl at the bottom of the third drop.

Otherwise, I'm just curious about the history of the waterfall, as it seems to have been some what of a recreation area in the past. I've found a connection between the Nash family and that stream bed/family, but mostly just speculation. Any info would be great if anyone has any to share!
msm0711
Frequent Poster

Name: Michael McBride
NSS #: 65541

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum