Cave Name Morgan Co.

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Cave Name Morgan Co.

Postby PoplarHill » Aug 3, 2014 8:41 pm

Was wondering if someone could give me the name of a cave in Morgan County Alabama. I know giving exact direction is frowned upon so I will use other local caves for directions and hope someone has some info.

If you are riding up the road Skidmore Cave would be on the left and a little further up, Eudy on the right. Past Eudy but before you get to the main highway used to be not much more than a logging road to the right. Out this old logging road and on the left was a stream coming off the mountain and into a large sinkhole. In recent years they have built a house or two on the logging road and one right next to the sink. Anyone know much about this cave or what it is called?

We used to visit here when I was a kid out hunting with my grandpa. I've never been interested in vertical caving or repelling of any kind and from my memory it seemed like a deep dark pit. I rode through there a year or so ago and saw they had built the new houses and improved the road. Just wanting info for curiosity's sake.
PoplarHill
Infrequent Poster

Re: Cave Name Morgan Co.

Postby trogman » Aug 4, 2014 9:40 am

PoplarHill- I sent you a PM.
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Re: Cave Name Morgan Co.

Postby PoplarHill » Aug 4, 2014 2:26 pm

Replied!