Test (by SG)

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Calling All People That Know Of Caving Organizations

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 7, 2014 4:49 pm

firemedic1015 wrote:Did the OP change his username?

I assume that you are referring to me and yes I did change my username. So what does OP stand for?
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 7, 2014 4:51 pm

batrotter wrote:This is indeed a bizarre thread.......

It is unfortunate that all you think of my post is bizarre, like Jonah Kidder (GroundquestMSA) did for my original post that I have long since deleted.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 7, 2014 4:53 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Caving Guru on Jul 9, 2014 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby MUD » Jul 7, 2014 6:28 pm

Caving Guru wrote:So what does OP stand for?

:big grin: Original poster.

Caving Guru wrote:......so what does "SCSSCB" stand for.

:shhh: Secret Caving Society of Secret Caving Brothers. Don't tell anyone though! :laughing:

You should also know about the Federation of United Cavers Deep Under the Planet Grotto. :rofl:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby caverdan » Jul 8, 2014 8:19 am

Hey Guru....do you have a link to this list of yours? Do you plan on posting it here?
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 8, 2014 8:28 pm

caverdan wrote:Hey Guru....do you have a link to this list of yours? Do you plan on posting it here?

Yes, I do have a link. If someone would like me to post it here then I will. It is actually more a map than a list though. I have mapped out all of them based on their meeting location/where they are based out of.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby DawgsgoCaving » Jul 9, 2014 12:01 am

Greg, this thread is ridiculous. Regardless of your intentions, I participate in this forum to look at legitimate discussions and ask questions to people with answers. I see jokes here and there, along with long-winded arguments in the archives, but this thread is an eye sore. I've seen you get upset in other threads here and on Facebook groups. I won't even get into my opinions of you or these types of posts as I feel that would only fuel this fire. I suggest you remove this thread. If you don't hopefully one of the moderators will.
DawgsgoCaving
Prolific Poster

Name: Josh Schultz
NSS #: 65630RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: CTG SCCi 3501

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 9, 2014 1:09 am

DawgsgoCaving wrote:Greg, this thread is ridiculous. Regardless of your intentions, I participate in this forum to look at legitimate discussions and ask questions to people with answers. I see jokes here and there, along with long-winded arguments in the archives, but this thread is an eye sore. I've seen you get upset in other threads here and on Facebook groups. I won't even get into my opinions of you or these types of posts as I feel that would only fuel this fire. I suggest you remove this thread. If you don't hopefully one of the moderators will.

Yes, I know that I am a loser, Josh, and that everyone hates me and that I have no friends. Thank you for pointing that out. I am sorry that I take offense easily. But I will not tolerate being insulted or ridiculed. I know that you are also trying to ruin my reputation by sharing all of this and that you are trying to get me banned from all caving events and caving organizations like you guys in the Dogwood City Grotto have done to TAG Cave Rat.

And I am sure that you are referring to the mention of TAG Cave Rat on the Dogwood City Grotto Facebook group. All of you guys in the Dogwood City Grotto have been hating on him and saying all these mean and nasty things about him. I know that you guys from the Dogwood City Grotto wanted me to unfriend TAG Cave Rat and I said no because TAG Cave Rat had and still has only been nice to me. But you guys from the Dogwood City Grotto managed to get TAG Cave Rat's Facebook account removed by contacting the Facebook administrators. That was not nice at all in my opinion.

And Josh, I know that you think that I am some nobody that nobody cares about but you are wrong. I am not some nobody. I am not lazy either. I get no appreciation at all. I was the one that started the US deepest vertical pits list in 2011 and I sent Bob Gulden (caverbob) the ~350 that I had in April or May of this year and I spent many all nighters working on it when these all nighters were on school days at my college (the Rockville Campus of Montgomery College).

And I am just going to post all of my multiplottr caving related maps to show you clueless people out there what I have been doing while you guys have been hanging out with your friends partying since I have none when I am not actually caving.

http://multiplottr.com/?map_id=31141 (3 Caving Organizations Based In The DC Area That Are Active (Created On June 24th, 2011))
http://multiplottr.com/?map_id=31144 (243 Caving Grottos Of The United States (Created On June 24th, 2011))
http://multiplottr.com/?map_id=40273 (40 NSS Convention Locations (Part 1) (Created On October 6th, 2012))
http://multiplottr.com/?map_id=40274 (22 NSS Convention Locations (Part 2) (Created On October 6th, 2012))
http://multiplottr.com/?map_id=40276 (16 ICS Convention Locations (Created On October 6th, 2012))

I have two other ones but I will not be posting those because they reveal the location of caves and for some reason the links for them are blank (the links were working as of 24 hours ago).
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby BrianFrank » Jul 9, 2014 10:14 am

Cave Guru, nice lists and great work. It is obvious you put a lot of effort into them.

Just to bring some balance here....I have been caving since the 80's and have been a member of the Dogwood City Grotto for about 3 years. They are the most professional, cordial and welcoming organization I have come into contact with. They happen to also be one of the most active grottos in the United States. I just wish I had joined the organization sooner.
All TAG cavers join http://www.SCCI.org. A small price for a GREAT resource.
BrianFrank
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 52121
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby DawgsgoCaving » Jul 9, 2014 10:30 am

Removed in the interest of keeping it civil
Last edited by DawgsgoCaving on Jul 9, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DawgsgoCaving
Prolific Poster

Name: Josh Schultz
NSS #: 65630RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: CTG SCCi 3501

Postby graveleye » Jul 9, 2014 10:48 am

Hi folks, your friendly neighborhood moderator here. I see that this thread has gotten way off topic (if it ever had one) and has taken on a personal tone. If you guys have issues, please take them off the forum or carry on in private messages. As it stands this thread really has little purpose in regards to caving.

Please get back on whatever topic the thread was about in the first place, cool off on the personal stuff. If it continues like this I'm going to have to put the thread in time-out and lock it up. It's been a long time since I have locked a thread and I would assume keep that track record intact.

Thanks for your cooperation.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 9, 2014 6:14 pm

graveleye wrote:Hi folks, your friendly neighborhood moderator here. I see that this thread has gotten way off topic (if it ever had one) and has taken on a personal tone. If you guys have issues, please take them off the forum or carry on in private messages. As it stands this thread really has little purpose in regards to caving.

Please get back on whatever topic the thread was about in the first place, cool off on the personal stuff. If it continues like this I'm going to have to put the thread in time-out and lock it up. It's been a long time since I have locked a thread and I would assume keep that track record intact.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I agree. I wish people would cool it on the criticism of me. So when is the last time that you locked a thread, graveleye?
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby graveleye » Jul 9, 2014 9:40 pm

Probably about the time Ellison's was formed.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 10, 2014 4:49 am

graveleye wrote:Probably about the time Ellison's was formed.

I am sorry, graveleye, but I was looking for a date. Such as "it has been a week since" or "it has been a month since" or "it has been a year since" or it has been two years since" and so on. I am just a curious person by nature.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 10, 2014 5:26 am

BrianFrank wrote:Cave Guru, nice lists and great work. It is obvious you put a lot of effort into them.

Just to bring some balance here....I have been caving since the 80's and have been a member of the Dogwood City Grotto for about 3 years. They are the most professional, cordial and welcoming organization I have come into contact with. They happen to also be one of the most active grottos in the United States. I just wish I had joined the organization sooner.

I somehow missed this/your post. Thank you, I appreciate your words ("Cave Guru, nice lists and great work. It is obvious you put a lot of effort into them"). I get very little of respect, especially here on Cave Chat. Everyone on this forum seems to want to insult me for some reason including trogman, GroundquestMSA, and DawgsgoCaving (in chronological order of them making me feel bad with what I consider: insults) just to name a few that stick out in my mind.

And as to the part where you were saying that the Dogwood City Grotto is "the most professional, cordial, and welcoming organization I have come into contact with", I have to disagree with you at least for one of their members whose Facebook username is Terri Acdc Constable. She contacted me by private message and directly called me stupid and used the phrase "no, shit Sherlock" to further insult me by saying that I was stupid. She said many other things that I will not go into too much detail about because it is too much detail to all say. I blocked her so she cannot contact me anymore. I know that not all members of the Dogwood City Grotto are like her but she was the first representative of the Dogwood City Grotto that I came in contact with so I have had this general view (that I realize now is wrong to think) that all members of the Dogwood City Grotto are like this. I don't believe that I deserved the treatment that I received from Terri. I tried very hard not to say anything not nice to her when she was saying these hurtful things to me. Terri had also said in one of her private messages previously this: "When people start finding out that you want to be on his side....you will be black balled and no one will want to cave with you" just because I was not willing to unfriend TAG Cave Rat. In response I said and I quote "If you want to be an asshole and spread the word that I am on TAG Cave Rat's side then go for it so you can get me banned from every caving event and caving organization like you guys (the Dogwood City Grotto) have unjustly done to TAG Cave Rat." She was very persistent that I unfriend TAG Cave Rat. I felt very insulted by this last comment that she made because caving is my absolute passion that is part of every aspect of my life (my work/job that I get paid for, my weekend caving trips, my time online on Cave Chat/the 61 NSS Grotto Facebook groups that I am a member of, and my projects that I do for my free time).
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum