Calling All People That Know Of Caving Organizations

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Calling All People That Know Of Caving Organizations

Postby Caving Guru » Jun 28, 2014 5:22 pm

If anyone knows of any camps, clubs, and/or caving programs in the United States or anywhere else in the world (including for elementary school, middle school, high school, college, camp, and/or for recreation) that include caving let me know by any means including through this post, private messaging me, emailing me, calling me, contacting me on the phone, and/or by facebooking me. I am just curious what there is out there. I am currently working on compiling a database of every caving organization in the United States and I plan on expanding to the world once I feel that I have sufficiently got all the ones for the United States. So far I have about 400 caving organizations (which include recognized NSS Grottos, unrecognized caving grottos, college caving clubs, high school caving clubs, caving organizations that are defunct (that don't exist anymore), and caving programs that are done either through school, camp, and/or caving organizations. I have all of the official NSS Grottos listed on the "caves.org" page unless one was added recently. I am missing many unrecognized caving grottos, college caving clubs, high school caving clubs, and caving programs that are affiliated with schools, camps, and caving organizations. (And this is not the only caving database that I have either (I have 6 caving related databases that I started myself so far and this isn't the largest caving database that I started either)). I have it online (all mapped out) so anybody can see it if they know the link to it but if nobody is interested then I won't post the link to what I have so far. And to reiterate, please let me know by any means if you know of any caving related associations such as through a grotto, club, school, camp, and/or any other caving related association. But I would not be surprised if no one responded to this.

Edit: So I just counted and I have 243 on the map so far (not 400, which I stated in the previous paragraph) and that is if you don't include the 11 that I have not added to the map yet.
Last edited by Caving Guru on Jul 9, 2014 1:13 am, edited 18 times in total.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Calling All People That Know Of Caving Organizations

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 10, 2014 5:46 pm

I broke off all the posts that didn't really relate to the OP and wandered off into unproductive personal interaction posts. I'm leaving the original open so people can answer the original question. If anyone has a problem with someone else, please PM them and don't carry on in the public forum. You may also contact a moderator if the TOS have been broken. Please give your fellow cavers a little slack. Some are sensitive, some are scathing jokesters, some are young, some old. Please just try and have a little respect.

Over and out,
SG
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby Caving Guru » Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Thank you Barbara. And can you please delete your "Test (by SG)" and the "Split" one? Thanks.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Caving Guru wrote:Thank you Barbara. And can you please delete your "Test (by SG)" and the "Split" one? Thanks.

We've got some moderators who are adamant about not deleting posts unless they violate the TOS. Personally, I'm not against deleting things that are "problematic," but I'm not in charge. Still, splitting off the crazy stuff gives anyone with information the opportunity to get straight to your OP.
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum