Cave Name?

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Cave Name?

Postby stx2006 » Feb 14, 2014 6:40 pm

I work with a guy who was telling me about a cave in Union Grove/Morgan City. He doesn't know the name or anything about it. I was wondering if by the hints I give if someone might know the name?

Like I said it's in Union Grove/Morgan City
He said its on land that belongs to a quarry.
He said he thinks its off of Mount Morrow road? Never heard of that road so I wonder if he means Matt Morrow?

Oh and some good news! I've sent in my request to join the NSS and will be going to the next Huntsville Grotto meeting! Hope to see some of you guys there!
stx2006
Frequent Poster

Name: Matthew
NSS #: 65704

Re: Cave Name?

Postby caver.adam » Feb 15, 2014 11:36 pm

I bet it connects to Mammoth.... :big grin:
caver.adam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby trogman » Feb 16, 2014 8:07 am

stx2006 wrote:I work with a guy who was telling me about a cave in Union Grove/Morgan City. He doesn't know the name or anything about it. I was wondering if by the hints I give if someone might know the name?

He said he thinks its off of Mount Morrow road? Never heard of that road so I wonder if he means Matt Morrow?

Oh and some good news! I've sent in my request to join the NSS and will be going to the next Huntsville Grotto meeting! Hope to see some of you guys there!

Matt:
First, kudos to you for joining the NSS! :banana_yay: You won't regret it. The NSS News is a nice treat to look forward to in your mailbox every month. Also the H'ville grotto folks are top-notch.

As far as the cave name, it's a little hard to give you much with such sketchy details, but...The road is probably "Matt Morrow," since a search of Google maps took me to one in the Arab/Morgan City area. There are a few caves in the area, but none really close to that road. If you get any more info, such as a more exact location or a description of the cave, etc., PM me and I'll be happy to see what we can turn up.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby stx2006 » Feb 16, 2014 8:28 am

trogman wrote:
stx2006 wrote:I work with a guy who was telling me about a cave in Union Grove/Morgan City. He doesn't know the name or anything about it. I was wondering if by the hints I give if someone might know the name?

Matt:
First, kudos to you for joining the NSS! :banana_yay: You won't regret it. The NSS News is a nice treat to look forward to in your mailbox every month. Also the H'ville grotto folks are top-notch.

As far as the cave name, it's a little hard to give you much with such sketchy details, but...The road is probably "Matt Morrow," since a search of Google maps took me to one in the Arab/Morgan City area. There are a few caves in the area, but none really close to that road. If you get any more info, such as a more exact location or a description of the cave, etc., PM me and I'll be happy to see what we can turn up.

Trogman :helmet:

OK thanks! He said he would take us to it once his Brothern in law gets back in town. He can't remember how so... I'll mark it with GPS when we go.
stx2006
Frequent Poster

Name: Matthew
NSS #: 65704

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum