Virginia Cave Questions!

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Virginia Cave Questions!

Postby MickBlackwell » Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Hello everyone, I have just started to get into the sport of caving. I have been to a few commercial caves as well as a mud cave in V.A. My friends and I are trying to find more caves to explore. I have a list here with possible locations; however, the addresses to make it to them are unknown as well as their difficulty. I will post the list below. If you could give me any information on the caves and/or their difficulty, I would greatly appreciate it. ALSO, If you have any good suggestions please post their location as well as the owners contact info. Thanks!

[list removed by moderator]

Moderator note: the list was removed because this list does not allow posting cave locations. It is generally not a good idea to post owner contact info without the owner permission. Too many calls to an owner have caused caves to be closed in the past. I am submitting this part of the post to allow VA cavers to suggest contacts to you for getting started. You may also want to click on the link at the top of the page for "Find Local Caving Club". Good Luck!
MickBlackwell
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum