A CAVING Philosophy FORUM........

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A CAVING Philosophy FORUM........

Postby Phil Winkler » Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Well, yeah, but.... Oh, never mind. Nicely stated, tho. :tonguecheek:
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby eyecave » Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm

i totally agree and do not doubt that i experience the cave as it exists within the knowledge and limitations of my mind......and your concepts of mortality line up with my sense of the cave and i being separate.......

i do not see why reality is always more important than our knowledge, as we know our knowledge.......i see that if i were "all knowing"....and i must distinguish between God's reality-knowing versus my reality-knowing........i can see that if i were all knowing based on my reality-knowing.....but decarte addressed that having a God knowledge of things may be possible in some circumstances; but certainly not in all and probably not in the some either....that is his doubt..and i agree with that......

but i also say, so what?.........i cannot ever be at peace if i accept the condemnation to a lifetime of doubt descarte proposes.....my interpretation is that he was correct in both instances......having a full command of everything in "your head" creates the reality you experinece.....and devoting oneself to knowing all knowledge is admirable but ignores human preferences and abilities.....ie i will never know pregnancy and i can't play basketball...its just that simple to dismiss that.....and lastly, the landscape of discovery is always expanding.....

so ultimately, even though it limits us, we agree that the world really does exist.....
eyecave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: sewanee mountain grotto

Postby ggaliens » Mar 7, 2013 12:40 pm

A pie is definitely something I will hide around the house. Especially rasberry or blueberry pie. It will
go into a dusty seldom used cabinet up high.

So there's that.
ggaliens
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: HHG

Postby eyecave » Mar 7, 2013 10:03 pm

i am a rat and i will find that pie...........heheheheheehheeheh
eyecave
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: sewanee mountain grotto

Previous