I think I have a cave that opened up on my property

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby JohnL » Oct 9, 2005 12:11 pm

BUMP.

What ever happend with the cave..I mean sinkhole ? was it a dead end, did he bulldoze it ?
Former member of the flashlight community
JohnL
Occasional Poster

let's have a conspiracy theory

Postby tropicalbats » Oct 9, 2005 11:13 pm

JohnL asks about the possible cave.

Forgive me for I am just posting a thing that makes me go hmmm, and stirring the pot instead of serving the soup. It's been an interesting thread, so why stop now.

First, SKATER22 posts a provocative email suggesting that he might have a new cave, might bulldoze it, might hire a local kid, might commercialize it? or might have a discussion board member come look at it.

Lots of off-topic discussion occurs, as this type of post is sure to generate all kinds of posts.

Then, this is posted (with the front end of the message snipped off):

[quote="CKB69 This person comes to our community,seeking help with a problem,and then sees a show comparable to the proverbial monkey and the football!
Way to go ,people. :roll:

I would not be surprised if this person has not allready buldozed the sinkhole shut,and posted his land.[/quote]

Also provocative, but the interesting part is that the signature for CKB69 is, "slide, slide on the ice," and the original posting was by SKATER22.

Coincidence, or was there really someone on the grassy knoll? :wink:

Hey, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this was just too good to pass up.

Hope everyone's cave trips went well this weekend.

Cheers,

Keith Christenson
tropicalbats
Prolific Poster

Postby bigalpha » Oct 9, 2005 11:15 pm

i think he had the sig before skater22 posted.. or i may be miskaten?
bigalpha
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

having fun

Postby tropicalbats » Oct 10, 2005 12:19 am

JackW wrote:
CKB69 wrote:I am Jack's smirking revenge...

What an interesting tag line.

Big Alpha,

So what about this mysterious "tag line" that CKB69 apparently had earlier in this discussion? But when the sig was created is not really important to the conspiracy theory. More interesting is that JohnL, whose message I replied to about this, earlier posted a message really quite similar to CKB69's comments about how sad all these political posts are and that he'd be surprised if the landowner hadn't just bulldozed the cave shut by now. I can't figure out how to quote that post here, or I would, and am just going on memory.

Just having some fun,

Keith Christenson
tropicalbats
Prolific Poster

Postby JohnL » Oct 10, 2005 9:34 am

No sir I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I was just curious as to what happened. Your right I did post earlier about how the thread made it seem more a hassle then a stroke of luck for it to open on his property.

I'm not a politician so I have no use for the game. If other like playing politics in everything, fine.. but I don't. When it comes to me how you see it is how you read it, no grassy knoll, no hidden messages, no Machiavellian plots.
Sorry to disappoint you. :)
JohnL
Occasional Poster

Postby JohnL » Oct 10, 2005 9:35 am

Moderator can you delete one of the posts, I clicked it once but for some odd reason it posted twice, thanks :oops:
JohnL
Occasional Poster

Postby JackW » Oct 10, 2005 11:21 am

Politics is not a factor as far as I'm concerned.

CKB69's quote of "Jack's smirking revenge" is apparently a phrase from the movie Fight Club. He explained that in the "Caver's and their Jeeps" thread elsewhere on the board.

And no, I've never heard from Skater22. I've been trying to ignore this thread and its spawn as it irritated me with what was said by others.
Last edited by JackW on Oct 10, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackW
Prolific Poster

Name: Jack Wood
NSS #: 42272
Primary Grotto Affiliation: FRG

Postby bigalpha » Oct 10, 2005 3:55 pm

Mr. Tropicalbats:

Am I correct in assuming that you are insinuating that because his opinion is shared by someone else, they must be the one and the same person? hehe, I think that is proposterous my friend. Also, Jack W is quite right - it is a quote from fight club.

<--- no bad feelings meant
bigalpha
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tropicalbats » Oct 10, 2005 9:53 pm

bigalpha wrote:Mr. Tropicalbats:

Am I correct in assuming that you are insinuating that because his opinion is shared by someone else, they must be the one and the same person? hehe, I think that is proposterous my friend. Also, Jack W is quite right - it is a quote from fight club.

<--- no bad feelings meant

Hey Big Alpha,

Nah, not insinuating anything, just couldn't go caving this weekend and decided to have some fun with a coincidence. :D

Cheerios,

Keith
tropicalbats
Prolific Poster

Postby bigalpha » Oct 11, 2005 8:21 am

Just pickin fun at ya, since we all know, nobody shares the same opinion.
bigalpha
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: I think I have a cave that opened up on my property

Postby jim11brown » Aug 26, 2012 5:52 pm

& the Spelunkers Guide to the Caves of Garrison Chapel Valley is posted on the pirate bay:

(Deleted link. TOS violation on cave locations and copyright)

& it is totally true that cavers are generally unwelcome in Garrison Chapel Valley and that most of the big caves in this guide were heavily trashed. 7 tonnes of trash was hauled out of Buckner's Cave and the Signature Room has been sandblasted. It's amazingly clean now. Wayne's is gated. The last I heard if you park to go to Salamander Cave your car will be towed.

The Guide in and of itself didn't do it, just 30+ years of inconsiderate mostly drunk dipsh*ts.
jim11brown
New Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: BIG

Re: I think I have a cave that opened up on my property

Postby William Tucker » Aug 27, 2012 9:59 am

I do not think that this forum should be used to advertise for downloading material in violation of copyright. If I am wrong about the copyright status of this publication, please correct me. Just because something is out of print and not easily available does not make it public domain.
William Tucker
Frequent Poster

Name: William Tucker
NSS #: 55566RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Lubbock Area Grotto

Previous

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum