Senior Cave

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Senior Cave

Postby genus3041 » Feb 27, 2006 12:30 am

Hi my name is Eric, im a Senior at Fossil Ridge High school in Fort Collins Colorado, i am part of the first graduating senior class at FRHS so its like our job to start all the school traditions. My Dad grew up in California and graduated from a highschool in Carmel Valley and as a junior he was asked to be a part of a secret senior group called the "protectors of the cave." as the tradition goes there was a cave in some of the mountains near Carmel Valley that one of the first seniors at his highschool had found many years ago, anyways at the end of every school year the four senior "protectors of the cave" would select four worthy juniors and take them up for a weekend in the mountains where they would undergo initiation into the group. Then when they were seniors it was there job to record the history of the school for that year on the walls of the cave using only stick pictures. Why am i telling you this, well as a member of the first senior class at FRHS i am going to begin our first chapter of the "protectors of the cave" the only problem is i have no cave to protect, how hard would it be to find a small relatively unknown cave within say a a couple hours drive plus maybe a good hike or Fort Collins? If anyone has a cave on their property that they would be willing to donate to the cause please let me know, we would only go there once a year and I was even thinking we don’t have to write on the walls, we could put a blank book in a chest or something, anyways any tips or info would be very helpful just shoot me an email:
genus3041@gmail.com
thanks for any help!
-Eric
genus3041
New Poster

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum